Intro în Network & Infrastructure
1. What is a computer?
- What are the computer components?
- What are the main types of computers?
- What is a virtual machine (VM)
2. What is a computer network?
- Introduction in the TCP/IP model
- What is an IP, a Netmask and a Gateway?
- What is routing?
- Presentation of most important Network services (DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH).
3. Intro into Windows – presentation of main features
- Start menu
- File Explorer
- Action Center
- Other apps included with Window
4. Windows Settings and Control Panel presentation
- User interface settings
- Audio/Video settings
- Security settings including Windows updates
- Connectivity settings
- System settings
- Installed Apps management
5. Intro in Windows Server networking and storage
- How to connect to a network
- Presentation of Storage concepts i.e. disks, partitions, MBR, GPT, RAID
6. Intro in Windows Server roles and features
- What are the main roles and features of Windows Server?
- Presentation of Active Directory (AD)
- Presentation of File and Printer sharing
7. Troubleshooting Windows
- What is regedit?
- Network issues
- Device manager
- How to use Task manager and resource monitor
8. Intro in Linux
- What is linux and what is a linux distribution
- Main linux distributions
- Presentation of Ubuntu Linux Desktop
- Managing Ubuntu linux with Webmin
9. Intro in cloud computing
- What is cloud computing?
- What are the types of services offered (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)?
- What are the main providers of cloud computing services?
10. How do we keep the company computers running?
- What is a servicedesk?
- Learn about Incidents and Change Requests
- What is an SLA?
11. What are the main security threats?
- What are the main types of malware?
- How social engineering works.
- What are the tools to improve security (Antivirus, Firewall, Training)?