Week 1. Industry terminology
- What is an Operating System?
- What is a kernel?
- What is a hypervisor?
- What is a virtual machine (VM)
- What is a container?
- What is Linux and what is a Linux distribution
- Main Linux distributions
Week 2. Working with Linux Command Line Interface
- Working with Essential Tools
- Essential File Management Tools
- Working with Text Files
- User and Group Management
- Permissions Management
- Operating Running Systems
- Process Management
- Installing Software Packages
- Scheduling Tasks
Week 3. Performing Basic System Management Tasks
- Package management
- Scripting vs Programming Languages (compiled vs interpreted languages)
- An Introduction to Bash Shell Scripting
Week 4. Overview over industry standards
- Presentation of the core protocols (DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, SSH)
- What is cloud computing?
- What are the types of services offered (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)?
- What are the main providers of cloud computing services?
- A brief overview regarding immutable infrastructure
- What is Docker?
- A brief overview regarding infrastructure as code
- What is Terraform?
- A brief overview regarding the DevOps mindset
- What is Continuous Integration?
- What is Continuous Delivery?